Monday, April 18, 2011

Script of video, part two.

     Before I start listing off stuff again, I first need to say that Diigo is a good source for cataloguing videos if you need to. Second, I need to praise my fortune at finding some good public domain material on the Berlin Wall. The point being made in this footage is actually fairly similar to what I'm discussing - though I intend to make a three minute video, whereas this one is thirty minutes. Anyway, on with the show.

Second Part
0-5 sec "...the blocks they established became known as the "East" and the "West"..."
5-10 sec "...due to the doctrinal differences and the geographical divisions of Europe." - Klinghoffer
10-15 sec No where was this more visible than in Berlin.
15- 25 sec (Images and clips of Berlin divided by the Berlin Wall)
25 - 30 sec The Berlin Wall was erected to keep the people of East Germany contained,
30 - 35 sec but the sudden enforcement separated families.
35 - 45 sec (Clip of two groups waving to each other on opposite sides of thick barbed wire)
45 - 50 sec At first, people fled through the wall...
50 - 55 sec (Clip of people running into and through the barbed wire)
55 -60 sec ...but the boundary was maintained through deadly force.
60 - 65 sec (Image(s) of dead bodies at the base of the wall)
65 - 70 sec But in time, people overcame their fear and started protesting.
70 - 90 sec (Clip of protesters in East Germany. It shows the rise in numbers of protests over time and then concludes with ~ "the border guards have two options... the rest is history.")
90 - 95 sec (Clip of wall being destroyed - both by man and machine) Over this is played the famous bit, "...tear down this wall."

     Which concludes the second part. Total running length thus far would then be somewhere between 2 minutes 10 seconds and 2 minutes 20 seconds... and I've just gotten to the turn. So, something may need to come out in the final production... or I may need to jiggle my seconded intervals a little. I'm thinking right now that I could probably but less screen time on my written words... so I'm actually probably on track. Time will tell.

     The third part is going to focus on the fact that, even though we have destroyed some borders, we simply make new ones and continue to enforce old ones. For example, you have the new bounds of Germany which, while not separated from one another, is still separated from the rest of the world. Also up for inclusion is discussion on the US/Mexico border fence that is in the works. A line on a map sees the US as distinct from Mexico, and the result is that we build a wall. I could also possibly include stuff on the two Koreas... but the conclusion is probably going to be that bit from Empathic Civilization that discusses how we can live in harmony. That, or, I could go with the "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech and focus on the message that we can form a peaceful and unified globe. Things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment