Monday, April 18, 2011

Script of video, part one.

     The process of script writing is a long one - so I'm getting what I have so far down for future reference. This part is mainly focused on showing the idea of the Iron Curtain becoming mapped which then causes us to see the spatial distinction. For images in this section, right now I'm just thinking a series of images, like political cartoons and maps, that can show this development. Then, here is what I have for script/voiced quotes.

0-5 sec "The map is a medium that not only stores and transmits information..."
5-10 sec "...but also embodies a particular mode of seeing and thinking." -Nicholas Carr
10-22 sec "An iron Curtain has descended across the continent..." (excerpts from Churchill's speech)
22-31 sec "all these capitols lie within the soviet sphere..." (Churchill once again.)
31-43 sec "it is these courses of action that have brought about..." (excerpt from Truman's speech on the Truman Doctrine)

all told, and with a bit of leeway for editing purposes, I anticipate that this first part should be 40 to 45 seconds in length. The second part then moves on to discuss Berlin in particular... but I'll write more on that as I finalize it on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment